You are here
Dr. Paolo A. Ascierto
Dr. Paolo A. Ascierto is Director at the Unit of Melanoma, Cancer Immunotherapy and Innovative Therapy, National Tumor Institute ‘Fondazione G. Pascale’, in Naples, Italy.
Dr. Ascierto graduated in Medicine and Surgery in 1990 from the University of Naples. In 1994 he was Board certified in Oncology.
Since 1991, Dr. Ascierto’s main research interests have been genetic and proteomic research of melanoma, the screening of pigmented skin lesions and early diagnosis of cutaneous malignant melanoma using a computerized system for imaging analysis, assessing new biomarkers for tumor progression and predictive to response to treatment, biochemical and immunological monitoring for patient follow-up, and new strategies of treatment of cancer using target therapies and combination strategies.
He has completed over 11 significant research projects and has been principal investigator on numerous clinical trials, with publications in many leading journals in the field. Dr. Ascierto has been an invited speaker to more than 250 national and international scientific meetings, courses, and workshops.
Dr. Ascierto is an active member of the medical community and is a member of several significant medical science societies, including:
- Associazione Italiana di Oncologia Medica (AIOM - Italian Society of Medical Oncology)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC)
- Society of ImmunoTherapy of Cancer (SITC)
- Italian Network on Bioimmunotherapy of Tumors (NIBIT)