You are here
Professor Reinhard G. Dummer
Professor Dummer is Vice-Chairman of the Department of Dermatology and Head of the Skin Cancer Unit at the University Hospital of Zürich.
Professor Dummer graduated in Medicine in 1986. In 1992 he achieved the Board certification in Dermatology and in 2004 the Board certification in Allergology and Clinical Immunology, as well as the Board certification in Dermatopathology.
Professor Dummer’s main fields of interest are skin cancers, translational research, drug development and cutaneous immunology and immunotherapy. He has published extensively and is the author of eight books, 94 book chapters, author and reviewer of over 400 articles and supervisor of doctoral theses.
Professor Dummer has been and is an active member of several distinguished medical scientific societies, including:
- 2009-2011, Immediate Past-President of the ISCL (International Society for Cutaneous Lymphomas);
- 2011-2013, Steering Committee Member of the Society for Melanoma Research (SMR);
- ESMO Faculty Member for Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma 2006-2008;
- ESMO Faculty Member for Melanoma: 2006-2013;
- Founding Member and Board Member of the EADO (European Association on Dermatological Oncology);
- Past President of the ESDR (European Society for Dermatological Research);
- President of the Melanoma group of the SAKK (Swiss Working Group for Cancers).